Cameron: 2 months


  • Size (at 1.2 months): Weight- 4.86 kg/10.7 lb (60.7 %ile), Length- 57 cm/22.4 in. (74.1 %ile), Head Circumference- 39 cm/15.35 in. (82.8 %ile) 
  • Sleeping:  4 naps during the day and a late bedtime around 9 or 10 p.m.  A champion nighttime sleeper this month, he sometimes slept a full 8 hours at night from 10 p.m. all the way until 5 or 6 a.m., nursed, and then fell back asleep for a few more hours until 'morning', sometimes would also wake up one time in between to nurse around 2 or 3 a.m.  
  • Eating:  Exclusive breastfeeding, every 3 hours during the day and longer stretches at night.  I ended up with mastitis this month, probably due to sharing the night feeding load too much with Justin.  We continued the system we started the previous month where every other night one of us would be on night feeding duty and the other would get a full night's sleep in a separate room.  I thought it completely defeated the point if I got up during the night to pump during my 'off duty' nights (if I'm up to pump I might as well just be up nursing!) so on my nights off I'd wait until morning, pump right away when I woke up, and then feed Cam his morning feeding.  But I think that was the mistake.  It turned out to be a pretty mild case of mastitis, thankfully, and cleared up in a few days without even needing antibiotics.  We stopped sharing the nighttime load from that point on and I just handled all night feedings after that to avoid any future issues.  
  • New This Month:  Kicking and flailing his arms a lot and cooing.
  • Likes/Dislikes/Habits:  Wriggled his little arms out of his swaddle frequently and graced us with tons of smiles.  He also really hated having a poopy diaper!  It actually took me a while to get used to checking for that when he fussed because James used to (and still will) sit in a dirty diaper all day long and couldn't care less!  (This is a big reason why James still doesn't seem to be ready for potty training...maybe we'll have earlier success in that department with Cam!) 

Previous updates:

No comments:

Post a Comment