a poem that stirs my soul

I went on a 2.5 mile jog/walk today (trying to get in good enough shape to run a 5k, separate post on that to come) and was listening to a Mother's Day sermon that started with a beautiful poem by Christiana Moss.  I wanted to share because it moved me.  Such grace, beauty, and strength in these words.

“My willingness to carry life is a revenge, a rebuttal, the antidote for every murder, every abortion, and every genocide.
“I sustain humanity.  Deep inside of me, life grows.  I am death’s opposition.
“I push back the hand of darkness today.  I cause there to be a weakening tremor among the ranks of those set on earth’s destruction.  Today, a vibration that calls angels to attention echoed throughout time.  Our laughter threatened hell today.
“I dined with the greats of God’s army: I made their meals, I tied their shoes.  Today, I walked with greatness, and when they were tired, I carried them.  I pour myself out for the cause today.
“It’s finally quiet, but life stirs inside me, gaining strength.  The pulse of life sends a constant reminder to both good and evil that I have yielded myself to heaven, and now carry its dream.  No angel has ever had such a privilege, nor any man.  I am humbled by the honor; I am great with destiny.
“I birth the freedom fighters; in the Great War, I am the leader of the underground resistance.  I smile at the disguise of my troops; surrounded by a host of warriors; destiny swirling, invisible, yet tangible, and the anointing to alter history.  Our footsteps make our land for conquest; we move undetected throughout the common places.
“Today I was a barrier between evil and innocence; I was a gatekeeper watching over the hope of mankind, and no intruder trespassed.  There is not an hour of the day or night when I turn from my post.
“The fierceness of my love is unmatched on the earth.  And because I smile instead of frown, the world will know the power of grace.
“Hope has feet.  It will run to the corners of the earth, because I stood up against destruction.
“I am a woman; I am a mother.  I am the keeper of life here on earth.  Heaven stands in honor of my mission; no one else can carry my call.  I am the daughter of Eve, and Eve has been redeemed.
“I am the opposition of death; I am a woman.”

Image courtesy of Everlasting Love Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment